Wednesday 22 August 2012

Apple granted patent to replace boring broadcast content

Let's say you're listening to the radio, and it begins playing a song you don't like. Under a new patent granted to Apple today, your radio could seamlessly switch to a song from your iTunes library for the duration, then switch back to the broadcast when it's done. And according to the patent reported by Apple Insider, the same technology could apply to a linear TV broadcast, commercials included.

gmod server setup modern warfare 2 online classes source dedicated server cfg

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wonder where in the word they got THIS idea. I have the Hopper from Dish, and love the Auto Hop feature which lets me skip ads on my Prime Time recordings. Dish, at least, came up with a cool new idea. Yes, it angered all the networks, but at least Dish delivered a useful, relevant product in the process. Apple doesn't even HAVE radio yet, do they? Wouldn't that make this all hypothetical? And are they really just going to replace ads with more Apple content? When I was selected by Dish to do an employee beta-test for the Hopper I was really excited; they didn't even HAVE Auto Hop then, but now that I have it in my home I love the time it saves me watching DVR recordings. And it's great not having the wife nag me for the remote every time a commercial comes on! You don't see Apple piggy-back on other company's ideas very often, but I'm pretty sure they are in copycat mode with this one.

    ReplyDelete